Vision of University of Health Sciences, Lahore
Qualitative and Quantitative Revolution in Medical Education and Research through
Evolution and thereby improve Health Care delivery to Populace.
Mission of M. Islam Medical & Dental College, Gujranwala
To produce well trained medical professionals who are well versed with the health needs of the
community and are equipped to serve the masses with empathy and compassion.
At the end of the MBBS program, the medical graduate should be able to:
- i: Exhibit leadership qualities with the ability to work as a team man in hospital settings.
- ii: Treat his patients with compassion and empathy keeping high moral and ethical
- iii: Demonstrate his competency as a medical practitioner of high professional caliber with
the ability to diagnose and effectively manage different diseases.
- iv: Communicate and explain the nature of the disease to his patients, addressing their
concerns and queries with a humble and polite attitude.
- v: Implement evidence based medicine and rational use of drugs in his clinical practice in
order to provide best possible care to his patients.
- vi: Design and execute research projects and provide home grown solutions to health
problems of the community.
- vii: Exhibit his passion as a life-long learner with a zeal to acquire new skills and developments
in the field of medicine.
- viii: Comply with the legal requirements and guidelines formulated by the authorities from
time to time.